Accessing your Tables and Financial Statements
Fathom provides a range of customisable tables and financial statements that you can add into your Fathom reports. These include:
- Financials - these are standard financial statements with comparative columns
- Financial Snippets - choose a snapshot of your accounts from Revenue, Expense, Assets, etc.
- Financial Trends - Trended financial results showing up to 12 columns of monthly data
- KPIs and KPI Trends - Custom tables allowing you to show any KPIs or Chart of account line for individual rows
To find and add these into your reports, proceed to the ‘Tables and Financials’ tab within the sidebar on the left hand side of the Report Editor.
Use the smart text filters to quickly find your desired table or financial statement, and drag and drop them into your report. Once added, you’re able to further customise the tables to show the most relevant data.
Customising your financial statements
After adding your tables, double click anywhere on the table to open the 'Edit panel' on the right hand side, to further customise the properties of the table.
You will see options to customise:
- Period frequency (show monthly, quarterly, or annual results)
- Financial statement type
- Download (allow report viewers to export to Excel). This adds a download link on the bottom right of the table for the online version of the report.
Under the 'Columns' tab in the edit panel, you're able to add up to a maximum of 6 comparative columns. There are various options available from:
- Prior period results
- Budget figures
- Variance ($ and %)
- Common Size
- YTD, Rolling 12 months, Projections for the FY, and more
❗Note: Re-order columns by dragging and dropping them with the 'Grid' icon in the edit panel.
Under the 'Rows' tab in the edit panel, you're able to select to show a specific layout for your financial statement. For example, when viewing your P&L, you can select to show a standard layout, or EBITDA layout.
❗Note: You must be viewing a single financial statement for these layouts to be available. If you are viewing multiple financial statements in the table (eg. P&L and Balance sheet) this option will not be available.
You can also choose to display your financial statements in varying levels of detail, by collapsing and expanding headings and subheadings.
Accounts can be grouped under headings and subheadings from 'Step 3 - Chart of Accounts' in the company settings.
Financial Snippet Tables
A financial snippet allows you to select any account classification and analyse this in summary form. For example, Revenue, COS or Expense accounts.
💡 Tip: you can include a forward projection (budget + actual) and a rolling 12 months column under the 'Other' category in the variable selector.