The 'Report Editor' enables you to create and edit reports and report templates.
Fathom's reports are viewable online, or downloaded to PDF, giving you flexibility on how you present your reports to others.
Once you've customised your report using the Report Editor, you can save it as a template to easily re-use in the future, or with other companies.
Branding your report
In the Report Editor, you're able to brand and fully white label your reports with your company or client logo, and background image.
To do so, hover your mouse over the cover page and click 'Edit Header'. You will have options to customise both the 'Online' and 'Print' (PDF) settings to add background images, logos, and other options.
Building your report
Finding your components (text, charts, tables and layouts)
To start building out your report, you will need access to the variety of components that Fathom provides for you to present information.
You can find all of your components by accessing the Content Library sidebar, located on the left-hand side.
The sidebar contains tabs that allow you to select components from:
- Tables & Financial statements
Click on a tab to preview the respective components that you can add to your report.
💡Pro-tip! Use the new ‘Search’ feature (magnifying glass) in the sidebar to quickly search for components. Use the keyboard shortcut ‘/’ to search for components at any time.
Adding components to your report
There are 2 ways to add the components into your reports from the sidebar.
- Clicking the component will add it to the bottom of the current section shown on screen.
- Drag and drop the component into the respective section. It will automatically appear closest to where you drop the component.
Customising the layout of components
Once you've added components into your report, you can start to customise the design of the report.
You can easily:
- Drag and drop your components within a section to quickly reposition them
- Resize your components by hovering your mouse and dragging the arrow at the far right or bottom border
❗ Note: Not all components can be resized. Only textboxes, and certain charts/graphs are able to be resized.
❗ Note: Resizing is not free form - it will automatically snap to 25%, 33%, 50%, 67%, or 100% of the page width/height.
- Duplicate your components by hovering your mouse and clicking the ‘Duplicate’ icon in the top right of the component. This will create an exact copy directly next to (or below) the original component.
- Start on a new page. Access this by hovering your mouse and clicking ‘More options (3 dot icon)’ in the top right of a component. This creates a page break in the section, which will force the component into a new page when viewing the PDF report (but not the online report).
Bulk Actions for components
For increased efficiency, select multiple components to perform bulk actions by:
- Clicking the checkbox in the top left of each component
- Drag-select multiple components
- Select a component using the checkbox, then 'Shift+click' another component to select everything in between
Once you have selected multiple components, a bulk action menu will appear at the top of the screen.
You will have options to:
- Move to a different section. This will remove the components from their current section, and add them into the new section.
- Copy to a different section. This will duplicate/copy components into the new section.
- Delete multiple components at a single time
You can view the number of components selected in the top right of the screen. You can also choose to deselect all components.
Managing the structure of your report
The Report Editor enables you to manage the structure of your report, by separating your report into various sections.
You can then manage all of your sections from the ‘Outline’ tab in the sidebar, located on the left hand side of the Report Editor.
In the outline tab, you are able to:
- Add new sections
- Duplicate sections
- Reorder sections
- Change page orientation
Adding new sections
There are two ways to add new sections to your report
- In the ‘Outline’ tab in the sidebar, click ‘Add section’.
- Scroll to the bottom of your report, and click ‘Add another section’.
Reporting 2.0 allows you to duplicate entire sections in your report. This will create an exact copy of the section directly below. All components within that section will be duplicated.
There are two ways to duplicate sections in your report
- In the ‘Outline’ tab in the sidebar, hover your mouse on a section and click the ‘Duplicate’ icon
- Hover over an existing section heading in your report, and click ‘More options (3 dot icon) > Duplicate section’.
In the ‘Outline’ tab in the sidebar, drag and drop sections where you want them by using the ‘Grid’ icon on the left side of any section.
The grid icon becomes available when you hover your mouse.
Changing page orientation
You can now easily switch your sections between portrait and landscape.
- In the ‘Outline’ tab, click ‘More options’ (3 dot icon) on any section. You will have the ability to switch between portrait and landscape.
- In your report, hover your mouse over a section heading. Click on the current orientation (Portrait/Landscape) to switch between the two.
Editing components in your report
Once you have added some charts, graphs, and tables into your report, you may wish to customise this to tailor the information that is being shown.
You are able to edit each component to further customise their properties. You can do this by:
- Double clicking anywhere on the component
- Hovering your mouse, and clicking the 'Pen' icon in the top right of the component.
This will open up the editing panel on the right hand side, giving you further options to customise your reports.
Publishing your report
When you're ready to publish your draft report, select the 'Publish' icon in the bottom left of the editor. You can then select whether a notification email is sent to those the company is shared with.