Fathom allows you to import your data from Xero, QuickBooks (Online and Desktop), MYOB (Online and Desktop), and Excel.
If you have recently changed your source accounting system, we're unable to change this directly within Fathom. You will need to import from the new source accounting system as a new company, and re-setup any settings or reports.
Retaining Historical Data
Ideally, you're able to transfer all of your historical data to your new accounting system. This way, when you import the data into Fathom, you can view all of your historical data in a single source file.
However, this is not always possible. If you don't have historical data in your new accounting system but still wish to analyse historical data in Fathom together with current/future data going forward, please see this article on merging companies with historical data.
If you are not required to retain historical data, or are able to transfer them to the new company then we recommend the following approach in order to help with the retention of your company settings.
Transfer company level KPIs to your KPI Library
- In the old company, go to 'Step 4 - Select KPIs' in the 'Settings' for a company.
- Edit any formula, account watch or custom KPI that is not already in your KPI Library.
- Choose to add the KPI to the KPI library. Only KPIs that are added to the KPI library can be copied across.
- In the old company, proceed to 'Settings > Step 2 - Update Data' and edit the company name (eg. *Company*_old). This is ensure the names do not duplicate.
- Import the new company from the new source
- In the new company, proceed to 'Settings > Step 3 - Chart of Accounts', scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'Copy settings from another company'
- Copy all settings from the old company.
Copy custom templates
- In the old company, proceed to 'Reports > Custom templates'
- Hover your mouse over any custom templates, and click 'More (3 dot icon) > Copy to another company'
- Copy the custom template to the new company
Copy non-financial data
- In the old company, go to 'Step 1 - Update Data' and download all your custom KPI data to an excel spreadsheet.
- In the new company, go to the same place and upload the excel file.
For non-financial data, please ensure that the KPIs are saved in the KPI Library prior to deleting the old company.
We recommend using your new company for a short while before deleting the old company.