The initial company start date is imported into Fathom as an anchor point for all following data. For companies sourced from MYOB, QuickBooks Desktop, or Excel, the company start date cannot be changed to earlier, without deleting and reimporting the company.
Companies using QuickBooks Online or Xero as the source accounting software are able to change the company start date to include prior periods.
For all companies, the start date can be changed to later by removing prior periods.
❗ Note: If the company is sourced from MYOB, QuickBooks Desktop, or Excel and the company start date is changed to a later period, it cannot then be changed to the previous, earlier start date.
Xero and QuickBooks Online
To change the start date to earlier for companies sourced from Xero or QuickBooks Online, go to ‘Step 1 - Update Data’ in the company’s Settings. In the ‘Financials’ section, click to ‘Update’ the financial data and choose the new starting period.
MYOB, QuickBooks Desktop, and Excel
If you must change the start date of the company to earlier and the company is sourced from MYOB, QuickBooks Desktop, or Excel, then you’ll have to delete and re-import the company.
To make the transition as seamless as possible and retain many of the company’s Settings (KPIs, non-financial data, targets, custom templates, user permissions, etc.) and reports, take the following steps:
- Download the 'Financial results in Fathom import template' from ‘Excel reports’ in the company’s Report Centre
- If you have imported non-financial data for the company, proceed to 'Step 1 - Update data > Non-financials > Import from Excel > Download the import template including current results'
- Create a new Excel company with the Financial results Excel report downloaded during the first step in this process.
- Copy over all settings (CoA, KPIs, Targets, Alerts)
- In the Report Centre for your company, duplicate all draft reports/published reports to Custom templates. Copy over custom templates to the new Excel company.
6. Freely delete and re-import the initial company with the correct starting date
7. Copy over all settings from the Excel to initial company
8. Import Non-financial results via the Excel template previously downloaded during the second step of this process.
9. Copy back all custom templates