FAQ: Can I save my forecast as a budget?
From within forecasting, you can:
- Go to the main forecast grid
- Click on the bolded ‘Forecast rolling from’ date in the upper right corner of the header
- Select ‘Save forecast as budget’
4. A menu will pop up where you can choose to save the main forecast or a scenario forecast as the budget. You can also choose to replace the existing budget entirely or partially.
You can also save your forecast as your budget from within ‘Step 1 - Update Data’ of your company’s Settings. To do this:
- Go to the ‘Budget’ section in ‘Step 1 - Update Data’
- Select ‘Add to budget from forecast’
- Choose to save the main forecast or a scenario forecast as the budget. You can also choose to replace the existing budget entirely or partially.
❗Note: You cannot save the forecast of a consolidated group as the group's budget. Instead, the budget for the consolidated group will always roll-up from the underlying entities in the group.