Disclaimer Statement (Basis of Preparation)
Within your Fathom account, you will have the ability to include a Disclaimer Statement in your reports, also known as a ‘Basis of Preparation’ page.
This disclaimer statement is helpful to include if you wish to clearly specify the rights and obligations of all parties on the use of the report. It can be used to reinforce the confidentiality of sensitive data, provide context on how the report has been prepared, and specify whether the report can be used or copied in other documentation.
The disclaimer statement can be included in two kinds of reports in Fathom:
- Fathom’s custom reports. The disclaimer statement can be shown for both the online and PDF versions
- PDF versions of the Analysis tools
Add/remove a disclaimer statement
By default, the disclaimer statement is not activated for your account. You will need to actively turn this on.
❗Note: Only Admin users will be able to activate the disclaimer statement.
To do so:
- Log into Fathom and click in the top right ‘Settings (cog icon) > Organisation Settings
- Scroll down to ‘Report Settings’. Tick the checkbox for ‘Insert a disclaimer page…’
- Proceed to the Report Centre for any company, and create/edit a draft report
- Within the report, click Settings (cog icon) in the bottom left of the sidebar
- Tick the checkbox option for ‘Include disclaimer statement’
If you wish to remove the disclaimer statement, simply follow the above steps and untick the checkboxes instead.
In addition to a disclaimer statement for reports, you can choose to require ‘client’ users to accept a custom Terms and Conditions before using Fathom for the first time.
This serves a similar purpose to the disclaimer statement, but can be helpful to clarify the rights and obligations from the first time a client starts using Fathom.
You can access the client disclaimer from ‘Settings (cog icon) > Organisation Settings’.
❗Note: Only Admin users will have access to this feature.