Once a user has been granted access to a company, Fathom allows you to manage the company settings steps, analysis tools and report types that a user can access. Here are a few example scenarios where Advanced User Permissions can prove useful.
- Enable a 'Client/Viewer' user to change settings without letting them update data (or vice versa).
- Restrict a user from accessing a specific analysis tool (eg. the 'growth' analysis tool), to focus their attention on other tools and concepts.
- Allow a 'Client/Viewer' user to set targets for their company, but restrict them from changing other settings.
- Prevent a user from accessing or viewing 'Draft' reports or 'Custom templates', but retain their ability to view 'Published' reports.
- Allow a 'Client/Viewer' user to edit draft or published reports. View the below heading for 'Control access to report types' for more detail.
❗ Note: The advanced user permissions are additional settings and are not allowed to conflict with the permissions associated with the assigned user role. For example, you cannot prevent an ‘Advisor/Editor’ user from editing the settings of a company.
Controlling User Permissions
Click 'Show advanced user permissions' under the user profile to get started.
Simply toggle each setting to 'on' or 'off' to allow or prevent access to company settings steps.
Control access to the interactive analysis tools:
Control access to the compare (Benchmarking) tools:
Control access to report types:
User Permissions in Fathom Forecasting
View Forecast Builder Permission
If you’ve invited in a user with view only permissions, they will not be able to edit, create or override any actions. They will be able to open and view the side bars that display the value and timing rule, as well as access the global settings (to view only).
Users with no Forecast permissions can still see Forecast components if they have been added to a report. They can only edit these reporting components if they have the ‘Edit reports’ permission (under Reporting Permissions).
Users with no Forecast permissions, but with ‘Edit Report’ access can still add Forecast components to a Report.
Edit Forecast Builder Permission
If a user has forecast editing permissions, they will have access to all functionality of the tool, including creating and editing microforecasts and scenarios. If they have access to reporting, they will be able to edit and add forecast components to reports as usual.