Once a user has been granted access to a company, Fathom allows you to manage the company settings steps, analysis tools and report types that a user can access. Here are a few example scenarios where Advanced User Permissions can prove useful.
- Enable a 'Client/Viewer' user to change settings without letting them update data (or vice versa).
- Restrict a user from accessing a specific analysis tool (eg. the 'growth' analysis tool), to focus their attention on other tools and concepts.
- Allow a 'Client/Viewer' user to set targets for their company, but restrict them from changing other settings.
- Prevent a user from accessing or viewing 'Draft' reports or 'Custom templates', but retain their ability to view 'Published' reports.
- New feature! You can now allow a 'Client/Viewer' user to edit draft or published reports. View the below heading for 'Control access to report types' for more detail.
Note: The advanced user permissions are additional settings and are not allowed to conflict with the permissions associated with the assigned user role. For example, you cannot prevent an ‘Advisor/Editor’ user from editing the settings of a company.
Click 'Show advanced user permissions' under the user profile to get started.
Simply toggle each setting to 'on' or 'off' to allow or prevent access to company settings steps.
Control access to the interactive analysis tools:
Control access to the compare (Benchmarking) tools:
Control access to report types: